Moving home is very stressful and all too often filled with emotion. We take care of the practical side and we're also on hand to calm and soothe, taking the emotional strain for you.
Across the road or around the world, upsizing, downsizing or escaping to the country, whatever the size and shape of your house move, we can ease the strain by assisting you with all aspects of the move, known or unknown. There is no need for you to see your home empty; we take care of everything so you can remember it as the lovely space it was, with all your memories intact. The first thing we do is sit down with you, for free, to discuss your move and create a moving plan, whatever your circumstances.
We are used to helping clients who are moving due to divorce, ill health and other stressful situations, or to release equity. Or you might just be moving to a new area to be nearer family or the best schools. Read more about our Senior Service here.
You can pay by the hour for our service or for those who want to know exactly how much it will cost, you can buy our home move service in units, with a minimum purchase of four units. All units include unlimited phone support. Units include:
Help with filling in legal sale forms - 1
Clutter clear, each half day - 1
On site management of move day - 2
On site management of pack day - 2
Post move unpack / organise day - 2
Planning furniture and rooms - 1
Changes of address - 1
Removal administration and quote organisation - 1
Liaison with solicitor and estate agent - 1
Additional services can be added as required, or you can pick and choose what you need from the list above.
Other home move services available by the hour include:
- Bespoke clutter-clear plans for if you want to go it alone!
- Introduction to professional contacts, for example, will-writing experts, energy performance certificate (EPC) providers, mortgage brokers, insurance brokers, accountants, etc
- Managing work at the old and new properties
- Organising cleaners
- Researching and purchasing items for the new property
- Research into schools, doctors, dentists and other local amenities
- Other move admin (new bank accounts, credit cards)
- We can also help you settle into your new home with our after-care service
In fact, if it needs doing, we'll help you do it. We always recommend we are there on the day to help; we can see things that could happen before they do and manage the right outcome immediately. Whilst most moves have the same list of tasks, every single move is different and we treat each one differently and with the care you, your home, your belongings, and your family deserve.
Judy Margolin, Bushey Heath