Tax in retirement

HMRC should send you a PAYE coding notice each year, unless they believe that a source of PAYE income is not chargeable to tax, or if you do not have a liability to tax on any PAYE-source income.  Being retired doesn’t stop you from being liable for tax or from receiving a tax code. 

If you usually get one and don’t have one yet this year then you should get in touch with HMRC to find out what happened to it.

If you usually get a tax code notice you should check it when you receive it to make sure it is correct!  If you need help in understanding it this is a great link to help you and a great website in general for help regarding tax issues for older people.

We can recommend accountants and tax specialists to help you with your tax affairs if you have questions or need a tax return done on your behalf. 

One Stop Organisers: Here to help your older relatives live their best lives.


This product has been added to your cart