Moving home is very stressful and all too often filled with emotion. We take care of the practical side and we're also on hand to calm and soothe, taking the emotional strain for you.
Across the road or around the world, upsizing, downsizing or escaping to the country, whatever the size and shape of your house move, we can ease the strain by assisting you with all aspects of the move, known or unknown. There is no need for you to see your home empty; we take care of everything so you can remember it as the lovely space it was, with all your memories intact. The first thing we do is sit down with you, for free, to discuss your move and create a moving plan, whatever your circumstances.
We are used to helping clients who are moving due to divorce, ill health and other stressful situations, or to release equity. Or you might just be moving to a new area to be nearer family or the best schools. Read more about our Senior Service here.
Our fixed price home move package includes:
- One day of clutter-clearing
- 1/2 day listing items on gumtree / freecycle, etc, and taking others to charity shops/recycling centres, etc.
- Up to 100 change of address letters for businesses (such as pensions, HMRC, banks, etc), driving licence and V5C car log books (you pay postage)
- Postal redirection forms
- Changing / moving your utilities and alarm company, etc
- Organising removal quotes, parking suspensions, liaison with removal company
- Management of packing day
- Management of move day (includes at new property if within M25)
Additional services can be added as required, or you can pick and choose what you need from the list above; all are charged at our normal hourly rates.
- Bespoke clutter-clear plans for if you want to go it alone!
- Liaison on your behalf with solicitors, estate agents, etc
- Introduction to professional contacts, for example, will-writing experts, energy performance certificate (EPC) providers, mortgage brokers, insurance brokers, accountants, etc
- Managing additional packing days
- Additional clutter-clear days / clutter-clear plan
- Managing work at the old and new properties
- Organising cleaners
- Researching and purchasing items for the new property
- Research into schools, doctors, dentists and other local amenities
- Other move admin (new bank accounts, credit cards)
- We can also help you settle into your new home with our after-care service
Judy Margolin, Bushey Heath